Proceeds from the 2018 event will go to these worthy organizations
- Lake Oswego Meals on Wheels is the only meal program for Lake Oswego seniors and persons with disabilities.
- The Lake Oswego Meals on Wheels Board, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, raises funds for local recipients when people cannot afford to donate toward the cost of their meal.
- One in four Meals on Wheels recipients cannot afford to donate to the cost of their food.
- Nearly 100% of what this Board raises goes back to assist the direct costs of the program.
- In 2015 over 18,000 meals were served or delivered to Lake Oswego residents.
Meals on Wheels keeps older adults in their own homes longer
- In a recent survey of participants, 90% agreed with the statement “Meals on Wheels have helped me remain independent.”
- 95% of Meals on Wheels clients surveyed said “Meals on Wheels has improved my overall nutrition.”
- 90% said “My overall health and wellbeing has improved” as a result of Meals on Wheels
MIGA, the Mobility Impaired Golf Association is a 501C3 nonprofit organization founded in 2006 who's work and mission introduces special need children and young adults to the game of golf. Our program takes place at Lake Oswego Public Golf Course where we host introduction to golf seminars, golf clinics, private and group lessons along golf social events throughout the year, free of charge, achieving measures of physical rehabilitation and positive mental health for underserved youth with disabilities.
Use of Beneficiary Funds From Oliphant Tournament
All funds will be used for program expenses following Oliphant Tournament which includes the purchase of golf clubs, bags, balls, course and range fees for youth with disabilities in our program. Funds will also be appropriated for our golf social events which includes our annual Halloween Spooktacular, Thanksgiving Turkey Shoot and year end annual Shriners Hospital and MIGA Christmas Buffet with Santa which is held at Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church.